Five reasons to step out of your Comfort Zone.
Have you ever been through a season of feeling restless or bored?
I’m not talking about a single afternoon, or even a few days. I’m talking about a more long term version of boredom.
You wonder if something needs to change but at the same time you feel reasonably content.
You feel safe.
So you settle into a mediocre kind of existence.
You carry on carrying on.
Then one day something changes. You read something that inspires you. You meet someone that stirs up a sense of envy. You start to wonder. Could there be more to life than this? Could it be time to stop hiding in the shade?
Here’s what happens when you finally decide to step out of your comfort zone. I like to refer to them as gifts.
1. You are given the gift of being filled with a knowing sense of joy during your days... even when things don't always go your way.
2. You are given the gift of having a fulfilling purpose to follow. You have a sense of direction and feel there is value and meaning to your day.
3. You are given the gift of showcasing your identity, of being your true self and of authentically giving the world your best. You are given the gift to SHINE!
4. You are given the gift of satisfaction and gratification knowing that you are walking in the divine purpose for which you were created.
5. You are given the gift of being able to elevate and enjoy others who are also following their passion and glowing in their achievements.
The reason I am so familiar with this feeling is because I have experienced it first hand. I remember back to the season in my life when I had no idea what my desire or passion or purpose was. I felt rudderless. I felt useless. If I did meet someone who had the courage to step out of their comfort zone and follow their dreams, it would leave me feeling envious, jealous and even worse about myself.
So one day I did it. I stopped hiding in the shade and I made a change. It has been a true gift to be able to feel complete happiness and joy over someone else's glowing achievements rather than to feel defeated and depressed.
I want to encourage you to take the time to give yourself these gifts. It will be a great gift to yourself and a fabulous gift to others for you to discover your purpose and follow your dreams.
Not sure where to start?
Well I am incredibly excited to share that I am stepping out of my comfort zone once again. On 31 October I shall be launching my new book, Hiding in the Shade. This is a story about Tawny the little eagle who gives himself the gift of listening to his dreams, following them and then discovering his purpose. After each chapter the book has guiding questions to help you along in this journey.
To celebrate the launch of this new chapter in my life, Hiding in the Shade will be available to download for FREE from 31 October to 4 November.
Follow my Facebook page or click here to sign up to my email newsletter to be among the first to read Hiding in the Shade entirely free of charge.
So, go and SHINE!!!